Protein is an essential nutrient that the body needs. Especially in cancer patients, protein helps to restore the body. It also has other benefits such as:
• Helps to speed up wound healing.
• It enhances the immune system.
• Produces functional substances in the body such as enzymes and hormones.
• Helps to transport many substances like vitamins, minerals and more in the bloodstream.
The body needs more than 20 types of essential amino acids which are structural units that makes up protein. Half of which are produce by our body and the other half must be obtained from the food we eat.
Since cancer patients have higher protein degradation rate than normal, getting adequate protein and essential amino acids is very important. It is common for cancer patients to limit or avoid the intake of meat protein.
However, focusing on eating plant protein could well be a better option. That way, patients don’t have to worry about not getting enough protein for the body as many plants can provide the same amount of protein.
Our bodies need only 10% of protein from the food we consume. 2,000 calories per day of plant-based foods is sufficient to meet our body’s needs. Focusing on consuming foods that are high in protein would be the solution. Some examples are:
• grains and more
Plant Protein is a fantastic alternative source of natural protein for Cancer Patients. Remember, eating protein from meat is not the only answer. In addition, more benefits are as follow:
• Helping maintain body weight.
• Assist in body regeneration.
• Enhance cancer treatment.
• Reduce the chance of wound infection.
• Promotes faster wound healing and speed of recover.
• Reduce the severity of oral ulcers.
• Increase appetite.
• Reduce symptoms of weakness.
• Reduce the lack of nutrients in the body.