Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Protection Act 2562 (2019) – We at Akesis Life are committed to protecting your privacy. The following are guidelines on how we protect the personal information you give us upon visiting our website, https://akesisoncology. com/ or using any online platform we have:
Collection of Personal Information
- We will collect your personally identifiable information, both directly and indirectly, for your benefit in a reasonable time frame necessary for the service that we provide. In the event that you provide information to us or request services from us through the website or any other channels of Akesis Life, such as making a doctor’s appointment online, transacting online, subscribing to our newsletter, or requesting special assistance. In addition, this also includes offline transactions such as patient registration at our registration counter, being involved in a voluntary questionnaire (survey), correspondence via electronic mail (e-mail), filling out / providing information for applying for a job, or other means of communication between us and you.
- We may receive your personal information from third parties, such as affiliates, government agencies, or private agency referral providers of Akesis Life Clinic.
Personal data that Akesis Life collects
The types of personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the circumstances and the type of service you request from us. Your personal information will be used to complete online or offline transactions or the requested service that we provide. The personal information we collect may be obtained directly from you or from third parties as follows:
- Personal identifiers such as name, photo, gender, and date of birth, passport ID card number or any other identifiable number.
- Contact information such as address, telephone number, and email address.
- Payment information, such as billing information, credit or debit card information, and bank account details.
- Service access information, such as doctor’s appointment information, relatives’ personal information, and other additional services.
- Participation information in marketing activities, such as registration information to participate in activities with us.
- Statistics such as the number of patients and website visits.
- Information from your visit to our website, such as the Online Appointment System, Health Checkup, and Contact Us.
- Physical and mental health information reports, past medical history, laboratory test results, and diagnosis
- Information related to your medication and allergies.
- Feedback information and treatment results that you provide.
We do not collect and use sensitive information about you, such as your race, religious beliefs, or criminal record, Except as required by regulations and laws or with your consent.
Use of personal information
Your personal information will be used for the following:
- Providing services or the delivery of services is done by Akesis Life Clinic.
- Making an appointment with a doctor, receiving medical news updates, and learning about the services offered by Akesis Life Clinic
- Coordination and transmission of information, which will help speed up the referral of patients.
- Verification of the patient’s identity
- Send medical appointment reminders or offer our assistance.
- Facilitate and present treatment that can benefit clients.
- Marketing purposes include promotion and customer relations, such as sending information about promotions, products and services, promotional items, and business partners.
- To be a communication channel, answering questions or responding to complaints.
- Customer satisfaction surveys, market research, and statistical analysis
- Process and display information to improve products and services or create new products and services that can benefit users.
- Accounting or financial purposes, such as the validation of credit card payments, billing, and refunds.
- Maintain security, including safety, while being treated in the Akesis Life Clinic.
- For job application purposes or any other related purposes.
- Comply with laws, requirements, rules, regulations, or any requests from governmental agencies, such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, or other legitimate requests.
- Other purposes that support the implementation of the above objectives or with the client’s consent from time to time
Disclosure of personal information
We will not allocate, disclose, and/or transfer data and personal information of service users or caregivers to any person or persons, both in Thailand and abroad, except:
- The service user or caregiver has requested and authorized Akesis Life Clinic.
- The information allocated is to facilitate the successful initiation of a transaction by the user or administrator;
- Information allocated to any legal entity or person to whom Akesis Life Clinic is a party for the purpose of data analysis and/or service improvement;
- It is a legally permissible disclosure. Disclosure as required by court order and/or disclosure by order of relevant government agencies for the purpose of investigation or trial is the only way the service provider can disclose such information legally.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Retention of personal information and safety
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information. Therefore, appropriate measures have been set to maintain the security of personal information. They are in accordance with the confidentiality of personal data to prevent loss, access, destruction, use, change, modification, or disclosure of personal data obtained unlawfully in accordance with the security policy and Akesis Life’s information technology (IT) guidelines.
Owner’s rights of personal data
- Right to withdraw consent of your personal data – You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data that you have given us. for the duration that your personal data is with us
- Right of access of your personal data – You have the right to deny access your personal data and ask us to make a copy of such personal data for you including asking us to disclose the acquisition personal data that you do not give consent to us.
- Right to rectification of your personal data – You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate data or add incomplete information.
- Right to erasure of your personal data – You have the right to request that we delete your data for certain reasons.
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data – You have the right to suspend the use of your personal data for certain reasons.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to transfer your personal data that you have provided to us to other data controllers or yourself for some reason.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for any reason.
You can request access or request updates and corrections to your personal data. These also include any other rights listed above or under applicable personal data protection laws, such as requesting a copy of your personal data or requesting that the use or disclosure of your personal information be suspended. If you see that your personal information has been used beyond the scope of the purposes of use notified above or without your consent, you must notify us in writing. Along with attaching a copy of evidence to prove identity, such as a copy of an ID card or a passport, provide details about making a doctor’s appointment and send contact information by postal mail to the following address:
21 Fl. 253 Asoke Building,
Sukhumvit 21 Road Klongtoey-Nua,
Watthana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: 090 – 9022235
Changes to Personal Data Protection Policy
We will consider and review the personal data protection policy on a regular basis to ensure that it is in line with the guidelines, relevant laws, and regulations. If there is a change in the personal data protection policy, we will notify you by updating the information on the Akesis Life Clinic website, https://akesisoncology.com/, as soon as possible. However, if you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints about the personal data protection policy, please contact us at the following email address: [email protected].
*Note: The personal data protection policy is effective as of May 30, 2022.