Having cancer at pancreas, the diet plan is highly significant as pancreas mainly produces insulin and enzymes that use in digesting food. The diet and nutrition plan are needed to help digestion and ease the physical effects of unfunctional pancreas like diarrhoea. Consult doctor for the diet plan is essential.
The diet and nutritional basics for patients
– Avoid greasy and fried foods is a must. Consume fat from healthy sources such as avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
– Avoid alcoholic beverages, and that contain caffeine such as coffee, tea and soda.
– Eat 6-8 small meals and snack daily by spacing meals 2-3 hours apart.
– Nutrient-dense foods is essential. Try having yoghurts or fromage frais, dried fruit, nuts, cereal, milky drinks.
– Drink at least 6-12 cups of fluids each day.
– Limit consumption of raw fruits and vegetables, initially. Gradually increase as tolerated.
– Aim for at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables per day.
– Take pancreatic enzymes to help digest fat, protein and carbohydrates if needed with all meals and snacks.
– Consult the doctor for the use of vitamin supplements, following the doctor recommendation to ensure a proper dosage and track nutritional progress is a Must