Physical therapy involves the overall care of a patient’s health. This is done by promoting, preventing, healing and rejuvenating both the body and mind with the help of highly innovative scientific treatment methods and physical therapy tools.
Our physical therapy is one of the safest forms of treatment techniques, patients can undergo treatment through physical therapy without any worries of possible side effects.
Hyperthermia (HT, thermal therapy, thermotherapy) is a natural or artificial phenomenon that involves increasing the temperature of the body or a particular region. In the field of oncology, HT is considered to be an artificial way of increasing the body tissue temperature by delivering heat obtained from external sources to destroy cancerous cells or prevent their further growth. Hyperthermia is mostly identified with a range of temperatures from 40°C to 48°C or similar maintained at a treated site for a period of one hour or more.
The effectiveness of hyperthermia treatment is related to the temperature achieved during treatment, the length of treatment, cell and tissue characteristics. To ensure that the desired temperature is reached, but not exceeded, the temperature is monitored throughout the Hyperthermia treatment.
Local hyperthermia (heat is applied to a small area)
- External approaches are used to treat tumours that are in or just below the skin. External applicators are positioned around or near the appropriate region, and energy is focused on the tumour to raise its temperature.
- Intraluminal or end cavitary methods may be used to treat tumours within or near body cavities, such as the oesophagus or rectum. Probes are placed inside the cavity and inserted into the tumour to deliver energy and heat the area directly.
- Interstitial techniques are used to treat tumours deep within the body, such as brain tumours. This technique allows the tumour to be heated to higher temperatures than external techniques.
Regional hyperthermia (various approaches may be used to heat large areas such as a body cavity, organ, or limb)
- Deep tissue approaches may be used to treat cancers within the body, such as cervical or bladder cancer. External applicators are positioned around the body cavity or organ to be treated and microwave or radiofrequency energy is focused on the area to raise its temperature.
- Regional perfusion techniques can be used to treat cancers in the arms and legs, such as melanoma, or cancer in some organs, such as the liver or lung. In this procedure, some of the patient’s blood is removed, heated, and then pumped (perfused) back into the limb or organ. Anticancer drugs are commonly given during this treatment.
- Continuous hyperthermia peritoneal perfusion (CHPP) is a technique used to treat cancers within the peritoneal cavity (the space within the abdomen that contains the intestines, stomach, and liver), including primary peritoneal mesothelioma and stomach cancer.
Systemic hyperthermia (whole-body hyperthermia treatment)
This therapy is used to treat metastatic cancer that has spread throughout the body. This can be accomplished by several techniques that raise the body temperature. Tumor regression in all patients when intra-tumor temperatures of 46oC or greater is achieved. The relatively poor blood supply to tumor cells explains the response of tumors to hyperthermia.
Hyperthermia as an adjuvant – Studies have shown increased response rates in combination of radiation therapy and hyperthermia, as compared to radiation alone in many cancer cases.
Chemotherapy and Hyperthermia – A recent finding of locoregional hyperthermia for patients with localized carcinoma of cervix who failed radiation showed a response rate of 52%. Three out of twelve patients became eligible for curative surgery.
LED bed therapy involves having low-power light wavelengths emitted directly through the skin, light can be absorbed into the skin to a depth, at which point it has positive effects on cellular energy and multiple nervous system and metabolic processes.
In order to achieve the most optimal results, it is recommended to combine both, the Full Body LED Light Bed, together with a light-sensitive substance, called a photo sensitizer. Tumor cells and microorganisms absorb the photosensitizer and become light-sensitive themselves.
When irradiating them with light of the appropriate wavelength corresponding to the absorption spectrum of the specific photosensitizer, they form active oxygen radicals which lead to destruction.The Full Body Light Bed uses red, infrared, and blue diodes. Red and infrared wavelengths are used in combination with photosensitizers for killing circulating cancer cells and to prevent metastasis.
Hydrosun is a German innovation which is known as “Artificial sun”. It uses colored light therapy by releasing high-power light and projecting the light into a specified direction like a torch barrel. Hydrosun has a special Water Filter which allows the light to pass through without burning the skin. This therapy helps to stimulate blood circulation, enhances immunity and stimulate specific areas of the immune system. This therapy can be useful for the following:
- common colds
- bronchi and lungs irritation
- relieving pain of tight muscles
- stimulate the wound healing process especially wounds that are infected such as diabetic wounds
- liver inflammation
This a safe and non-traumatic form of treatment that uses a specially designed form of magnet or magnetic field applied to the body. The using electricity, magnetic field increases the general blood flow throughout the body. The magnetic wavelengths are more easily distributed. It can also penetrate through the skin plus flow into the body through the fat, nerves and bones.
This therapy can be used to target specific or desired area of the body. For example, the electromagnetic wave therapy can be sent to the knee to induce charge to the cell membrane (Cell Membrane Efficiency Improvement) allowing the cells to receive more fluid. In addition, this therapy also brings the following benefits:
- increase oxygen and nutrients levels in the cell tissues
- increase the rate of excretion of waste from cells, making cells healthy.
The working mechanism of BEMER (Bio electro magnetic energy regulation) consists of the transmission of a special, patented and multi-dimensionally configured signal (the typical BEMER signal).This special signal is transmitted into the body via an electromagnetic field, meaning that it is the BEMER signal and not the electromagnetic field that acts as the “agent”.
- Effects on microcirculation as an essential component of blood circulation
- Effects on the immune system
- Effects on cell efficiency and production (build-up and breakdown of proteins)
- Effects on the antioxidant balance
Bemer is a therapy designed to improve circulation in the smallest blood vessels (microcirculation) by supporting the body‘s natural healing processes. Blood is the body‘s universal means of transport. Oxygen, nutrients, chemical messengers (e.g. hormones) and defense cells etc. are all transported through our blood. Only when all of our body‘s cells, tissues and organs are adequately nourished and all metabolic products removed can we be healthy and productive and our body function properly. The optimal regulation of microcirculation is a prerequisite for ensuring good levels of health and fitness. Microcirculation matters.
Impaired microcirculation can lead to an energy deficiency in the cells, because the supply and removal of substances to and from these cells is insufficient. This leads initially to reduced physical performance and later to impaired functioning of the affected cells. If many cells of an organ or a tissue are affected,then corresponding symptoms occur, which can then be defined as an illness.Energy-deficient cells cannot function at their full capacity, and this can lead to illnesses that may be classed as deficiencies. A deficiency means a weak and deficient efficiency of muscles, organs, glands,nerve cells etc., which can lead to organ failure.
Most cells have a defined life span, after which point they are renewed. Energy-deficient cells die prematurely.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
In a Hyperbaric chamber, air pressure is doubled or tripled to enable the lungs to gather much more oxygen. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) reduces inflammation in the bones by providing more oxygen. Besides, cells affected by cancer have their altered metabolism corrected through HBOT which enables the body to absorb up to 20 times more oxygen by administering it at high pressure. Mitochondria in each cell can now generate more energy to drive cellular functions more effectively.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for patients by managing and healing his or her current medical condition. At the same time, physical therapy also enhances the body’s ability to fight cancer cells better by generally boosting the immunity.
Exercise with oxygen therapy (EWOT)
As the heading mentioned, EWOT is a form of exercise therapy that use of oxygen to maximize its therapeutic value.
Patient is able to breathe better while oxygen is being pumped in concentrated amounts more than any regular exercises. The therapy is also done to increase the cell’s energy levels in order to be able to maximize training activities or physical therapy for patients.
During the therapy, more oxygen is supplied to the lungs so that patients are able to breathe approximately 25% more oxygen then usual. In general, a normal person only utilized a quarter of the oxygen inhaled, transporting more oxygen to the body can improve oxygen utilization throughout. However, oxygen can be both essential and harmful and therefore EWOT must be administered by medically trained professionals.
EWOT increases the flow of oxygen quickly. It is absorbed into the blood stream, reduces inflammation and increases energy in the body. It also adjusts the cell environment in the body so as to make it unsuitable for the production of cancer cells. This is because cancer cells are unable to use oxygen to generate energy efficiently as these cells prefer an environment with low acidity to thrive.
Administration of therapy
To perform the EWOT, a mask or nasal cannulas must be attached to the oxygen generator. The oxygen generator is a device that can be used in a normal room atmosphere. However, it is able to export oxygen up to 94% which is four times more than what is in the general atmosphere which gives the therapy its value.
Ozone is introduced through rectum. It does not enter into the blood circulation and it does not reach tumor cells.
In medicine, ozone therapy is used to disinfect and treat conditions by disinfecting the area around them, improving the body’s intake and use of oxygen, and activating the immune system.
How ozone may be beneficial to health:
- deactivating bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, yeast, and protozoa
- stimulating the immune system to speed up healing
- improving circulation by cleaning the arteries and veins
- purifying blood and the lymph
- normalizing hormone and enzyme production
- having anti-inflammatory properties
- reducing pain
- stopping bleeding
- preventing shock
- limiting stroke damage
- reducing cardiac arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm
- reducing the risk of complications from diabetes
- improving brain function and memory
About Akesis Life
Our Medical Team
Vision / Mission
Absolute health group
Find a Doctor
Health & Wellbeing
Accommodation and Facilities
Training & Workshop
AKESIS LIFE : Integrative Oncology
21 Fl., 253 Asoke Building, Sukhumvit 21 Road, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110