What is Integrative Medicine?
What is Integrative Medicine?
Let’s walk through the integrative medicine definition. Conscious living implies that we do not remain at the whim of our stimulus input (react to our sensory stimuli) but actually maintain an awareness that is independent of the environment in which we live.
Consciousness itself is almost impossible to define but we all have, at least, a vague understanding of what it means. It is not the intent of this writer to explore the mystery of consciousness in this article but rather the way in which we live, not only because we all want to be happy and satisfied with our lives but because, the way we live, has a direct influence on how and when we die.
There is no other condition of the body that produces such a deep fear within our hearts and souls as cancer. And with good reason.
- Over 150 people are diagnosed with cancer every hour.
- Over 1500 people die from cancer every day.
- The treatment usually results in incredible suffering and loss of independence and dignity.
Despite the fact that billions of dollars and untold resources have been devoted to cancer research, conventional medicine has failed in its’ “war on cancer.” This is due to the fact that cancer is not a ‘thing’, an enemy, that has invaded our bodies but rather the body’s incredible effort to protect us.
Cancer, like all “diseases”, are efforts of the body to re-establish homeostasis (balance). In fact, the chemical’s (cytokines and interleukins) produced by tumors and those produced by healing wounds are very similar in that they both stimulate tissue proliferation (growth) and angiogenesis (new blood vessels). Hence, cancer has been called, “the wound that wouldn’t heal”.
One of the key reasons for this gross misunderstanding is that conventional science and medicine have ignored the source of all healing, nature. Human culture is based upon the premise that humans are somehow different, or apart from nature and therefore must build shelters and modify nature’s food products in order to live.
Although at first glance this may seem like a form of “nesting”, no other creature physically and chemically alter nature’s materials to such an extent that they are no longer the same substances from which they originated hence, the term, artificial and its’ remnants, artifacts. It is this utterly false premise, out of which human culture arises, that has permeated the collective psyche of the human race to such an extent, that the most abhorrent of all new “religions”, (science) was born.
Healing is a process of nature and there is no substitute. This truth is conspicuously evident to anyone who even superficially has studied the organized, functional units (life forms) nature produces, which are incomprehensibly complex with the inherent capacity for regeneration, rejuvenation, and procreation.
Whether one desires to prevent, treat or handle competently the “side” effects of conventional cancer care, nature’s requirements for healing must be met. This will ensure that vitality of the whole person is restored and the production of new, optimally functioning cells will be produced.
The integrative medicine program, therefore, should include the following:
- Teach the person how to stop making cancer.
- Target and eliminate cancer while causing the least amount of harm possible.
- Rebalance and enhance the immune system.
It is important to understand that this integrative cancer therapies program is not to be based on theory alone, but rather upon real-life experience born out of working with a multitude of people with cancer.
Cancer is a condition that arises out of a multitude of factors and, therefore, requires a multi-factorial solution that includes medical therapy, nutritional and lifestyle changes, and attention to psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual issues pertinent to each individual.
Fundamental to “stop making cancer”:
- Eat a variety of vegetables and fruits (low sugar content), nuts and seeds.
- Avoid consuming animals and substances produced by animals.
- All foods eaten should be free of poisons.
- Eat foods that are the same or as close to the condition that they were produced by nature…She did not overlook us!
- Regular, daily exercise.
- Regular, daily periods of rest.
- Keep as close to the cycle of ‘night and day’ as possible when sleeping and obtain an adequate amount of sleep.
- Drink pure water.
- Maintain honest and genuine relationships with family, friends and coworkers.
- Laugh as much as possible…punctuate your day with it.
- Be kind.
- Garden and/or spend as much time as possible in natural surroundings.
- Devote a specific time each day to prayer and meditation.
- Understand that ‘cancer’ is a divine tap on the shoulder to modify your course and be grateful for the opportunity to achieve your potential and become an inspiration to others.
Fundamental to “targeting and eliminating cancer:”
- A thorough knowledge of the biochemistry and pathophysiology of cancer.
- Employ medical therapies that utilize that knowledge in order to eliminate cancer through existing, natural targeting mechanisms.
- Avoid, as much as possible, substances that harm healthy cells.
Fundamental to “rebalancing and enhancing immune system function”:
- Use only natural substances (i.e., medicinal mushrooms) proven to balance and increase the cells responsible for human immune function.
- Follow all the steps required to “stop making cancer” since these foods and activities are well known to enhance immune function.
Conscious living not only permits each person to achieve their potential but permits the rest of nature to function as it was designed…flawlessly.
Chatchai Sribundit, M.D.
Dr. Chatchai Sribundit is the distinguished founder of Akesis Life. His education, training and community support is highly regarded worldwide. Dr. Chatchai traveled extensively during the past two decades in order to bring the best possible integrative cancer treatments to Thailand. His primary concern is the well-being of his patients through kindness and care.